We have retained the spirit of a startup: We are young, fast, and enormously innovative. Megasol Energie AG is one of the most successful solar panels manufacturers in the world. In addition to sophisticated solar systems and outstanding customer care, an extraordinary team is the foundation of our success story.
Your tasks, responsibilities, and competencies
Closely guided and professionally coached by our top engineers, you will support the mechanical, robotic and electrical engineering department with a focus on Machine design and prototyping. This includes:
Keep in mind: we tailor the project to fit your experiences and expectations. We do NOT expect you to work on all fields. We first want you to enjoy your time with us.
- Further Development and prototyping of production machine and robotic cells in our prototyping lab (Machining tools, 3D printers, Laser Engraver)
- Further development of production process simulation using the latest tools (FEA, CFD, Multi-body) with sensor integrations.
- Further development and simulation of robotic cells with multi-robot integration, vision system, kinematics and dynamics analysis (Digital Twin, Multi-robot coordination, Human-Robot Interaction)
- Analysis of the current production process, identification of opportunities and implementation in the production (lean manufacturing principles, time and motion studies, root cause analysis, failure mode and effect analysis, design of experiment)
Your profile and your skills
- You are currently studying electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, microengineering, applied mathematics or a related field.
- You possess oral and written German and English skills.
- You have already acquired knowledge of a CAD modeling tool and have a proven track record of prototyping projects or you are looking forward to develop one.
- You are resilient, reliable, can cope with changing priorities, and can give extra effort if necessary.
- You are down-to-earth and bring enthusiasm for practical application.
- You are interested in state-of-the-art development and organizational methods (SCRUM, Test-Driven Development, Agile Development, etc.)
Your chance for advancement
You will work in a young, interdisciplinary, and ambitious development team and contribute to the energy supply of tomorrow. With us, you make the (almost) impossible possible:
- You will get to know the fields of automation technology and special machine construction in the largest and most modern (Industry 4.0) Swiss solar module production. Your office will be next to our production lines.
- Your ideas and inputs are welcome and highly appreciated.
- With us, you have the opportunity to complete your internships, Master's thesis or both.
- We support you with our extensive experience in supervising academic work with FH and ETH/EPFL students.
- And who knows: If it fits, we might be able to offer you a permanent position after the internship.
- Position to start immediately or by arrangement.
- Workload: 80 - 100%, home office flexible as long it copes with the project.
- Monthly remuneration: 3000 CHF.